Red Run's reputation as one of the finest golf courses in the Midwest was established soon after its founding in 1914. Well over a century later, that commitment to the game, its traditions and its values remain. The course is renowned for combining challenge and playability as the immaculately-kept grounds have remained true to its original Willie Park, Jr. design.
While it is known for being home to many exceptional golfers and highly competitive play, it is also ideal for a casual foursome with friends, playing with the kids or hosting business opportunities. Among the golf offerings:
- Weekly men's and women's leagues.
- A calendar filled with tournaments, including multi-day invitationals, members-only scrambles and flighted-club championships.
- A premium on speed of play during peak times (mostly weekend mornings), assuring less than four hour rounds for busy schedules.
- Social golf, including sip 'n' swings and glow ball, for players of all (or no) experience levels who are simply looking for a fun summer evening out.
- A successful junior golf program, focused on instruction, development and fostering a lifelong passion for the game. It includes USGA competitive teams as well as father-son and father-daughter tournaments.
- A top-line learning center, complete with sophisticated technology such as the TrackMan system and a full staff of PGA professionals to assist games at every level.
- A driving range, plus separate chipping and putting greens ideal for both practice and relaxation.
- An indoor hitting bay to keep the game sharp while the snow falls.
- A capped membership which helps assure the availability of tee times, especially for beginner, family or more relaxed foursomes during weekend afternoons.
- Junior memberships (under 35 years of age) serving Royal Oak's young demographics.
While golf is the centerpiece, Red Run, offers far more to players and non-players alike. As Royal Oak has changed through the generations, so too has the Club, which is a modern and relaxed hub of social activity. It focuses on providing the facilities, activities and community that so many are seeking. It is a place to build friendships, disconnect from the daily grind and find the moments for timeless pursuits -- early morning games of tennis, long afternoons with the kids at the pool and lively winter nights at our private Pub 1914.
Red Run is also home to some of the finest dining options in the area, via an array of restaurants and bars that range from upscale to flipflops by the pool. No matter what you choose, our award-winning chef sets a diverse, modern and ever changing menu.
Please consider joining us for a club experience that can provide you and your family with the same experiences, friendships and memories.